What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Importing PIF profiles into PrusaSlicer

MagicalMe001

I imported the Ellis PIF profile into PrusaSlicer 2.6 and it completed, with just a few suggested changes.

I had problems printing with it though (during bridging) with the error:

Move exceeds maximum extrusion (10.681mm^2 vs 0.640mm^2)
Move exceeds maximum extrusion (10.681mm^2 vs 0.640mm^2)
See the 'max_extrude_cross_section' config option for details

I know that I could change the max extrusion limit but that seemed wrong to be so much bigger.

I went to the prusa gcode viewer and looked at the layer where it quit printing and switched to show "Volumetric Flow Rate"
1691677139340.png

You can see huge flow during the bridging.

To resolve it, I went to the PrusaSlicer Print Settings tab, and clicked on the "Compare Preset with another" button at the far right on the top
1691676759976.png

I loaded the Standard Voron 2.4 profile along with the imported PIF profile.

The one thing that stood out was the bridge flow ratio was 0.8 in the standard profile and 85 in the PIF profile. So superslicer must be using percent while prusa is expecting a 0.0-1.0 value.

I changed that and am good to go!

Line *width* is handled very differently in SS vs Prusa, and normally go insane when cross-importing. I would suggest double checking that the line widths its trying to use for all the basic feature types are remotely correct.

Line *width* is handled very differently in SS vs Prusa, and normally go insane when cross-importing. I would suggest double checking that the line widths its trying to use for all the basic feature types are remotely correct.
Thanks for the pointer. I will go double check it. I am getting some lines of underextrusion (horizontal gaps) so that may be it.

The usual culprit is the bridge flow ratio which gets mangled readI guess the SuperSlicer profile. 85% in SuperSlicer turn into 8500% in PrusaSlicer as that uses fractions (0-1) for flow rate.
You can also check out https://github.com/mjonuschat/PrusaSlicer-Profiles for PrusaSlicer profiles based on the Ellis one.
I just imported Standard one to my PS 2.6.1 version and testing ... increased little bit speed ... so far I got much better quality and faster prints than I got from my tests from SS and OrcaSlicer 1.8 .... I'm supper happy so far !