What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Stupid TAP Question

TheMan

Why isn't the fact that the entire stealthburner printhead is able to freely move up and back down, an issue while printing? Does anything keep or lock it in at printing height? I assume that TAP makes the "normal" feeler gauge process both impossible and unnecessary?

Why isn't the fact that the entire stealthburner printhead is able to freely move up and back down, an issue while printing? Does anything keep or lock it in at printing height? I assume that TAP makes the "normal" feeler gauge process both impossible and unnecessary?
Tap uses strong magnets to lock the printhead, so lateral moves doesn't affect it.

That. Magnets and gravity. It's enough to work, and a side benefit is if you have a failed print with some globs above the current layer, the print head can lift over them a bit before things start jamming and breaking. (I know nothing about that personally...nope, sure don't... ;p )

You still need to do zeroing calibration to start with, but Tap then automates doing a final fine-tune before a print.