What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

What hotends are available for Stealthburner?

Those are the officially supported one. There are many user modded variations to support other hot ends. Some are on the Voron User Mods repo, some other places.

There are some mods that I’ve seen to allow a volcano or a UFH Rapido, but like 120decibell said, that list is the officially supported crop.

I know some speak poorly of the Dragon hotend. I have the PHAETUS Dragon High Flow hotend and it has been flawless. I have ran it with as large as 1.0mm nozzle. For normal printing, I am running a 0.6mm nozzle for most of my prints. For "vase" mode, the 1.0mm works great. Changing filament is easy with this hotend, as the filament pulls out nice and clean. I am really happy with my choice.

I know some speak poorly of the Dragon hotend. I have the PHAETUS Dragon High Flow hotend and it has been flawless. I have ran it with as large as 1.0mm nozzle. For normal printing, I am running a 0.6mm nozzle for most of my prints. For "vase" mode, the 1.0mm works great. Changing filament is easy with this hotend, as the filament pulls out nice and clean. I am really happy with my choice.
They seem to only be problematic with PLA

They seem to only be problematic with PLA
I have not had any issues with PLA. However, PETG showed an issue I haven't seen with other filaments. I experienced my first clog with this hotend yesterday using PETG. I believe the characteristics of PETG contribute to the issue. Researching this I believe from what others have found, the design of the stock hotend cooling system is not designed for the Dragon style of heat sink. It allows air to bypass the heat sink and contributing to heat creep, the primary cause of the clog.

It is a fairly easy fix to correct. Badnoob has an updated fan flow area that fixes the airflow to heat sink issue. You can find it HERE. Once this is in place the issue is gone. This is a comparison photo of the two.
Updated Afterburner FanS.jpg

I have not had any issues with PLA. However, PETG showed an issue I haven't seen with other filaments. I experienced my first clog with this hotend yesterday using PETG. I believe the characteristics of PETG contribute to the issue. Researching this I believe from what others have found, the design of the stock hotend cooling system is not designed for the Dragon style of heat sink. It allows air to bypass the heat sink and contributing to heat creep, the primary cause of the clog.

It is a fairly easy fix to correct. Badnoob has an updated fan flow area that fixes the airflow to heat sink issue. You can find it HERE. Once this is in place the issue is gone. This is a comparison photo of the two.
View attachment 1294
Interesting, probably will give this mod a try. I hadn't any issue with the Dragon HF so far, but only printed ABS and PETG yet. I probably haven't used the whole potential on speed so I get away with temps around 230 to 240

Interesting, probably will give this mod a try. I hadn't any issue with the Dragon HF so far, but only printed ABS and PETG yet. I probably haven't used the whole potential on speed so I get away with temps around 230 to 240
Reading the info that Badnoob has on this Mod, he modeled it after the Stealth type air inlet that focuses the air flow better over the heat sink. Since making the switch I have had no more issues, even using the same parameters. I purposely tried it with the same print and filament I had the failure with. It printed with no issues with this updated fan duct.

Had no issues with dragon SF using s CHT nozzle with ABS, ASA and PLA. In two years including a good bit of that using Afterburner (and I confess part cooling was not the best with PLA, but that's unrelated to the actual hotend), not a single clog, stringing or heat creep. Not saying people reporting issues are wrong, but sometimes it is easy to blame a system when replacing it solves the problem... Thing is you still haven't found what the actual issue with the previous system was.