What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Better Acrylic panels?

NoGuru

Trusted Advisor
The 3mm Acrylic panels on my Voron are in my opinion to flimsy. I want something that will be a little more sturdy as well as retain heat better.
I just plugged in some numbers to a place that specializes in Acrylic and the cost to replace the top, doors and sides with 1/4" or 5.5mm came out to $300.

This seems a bit steep, or maybe I still have the pre-Covid prices mind set. Has anyone found or wanted a better solution? I can hear my panels fluctuation when I am printing fast and that just sucks :)

That seems about right for that much 1/4" Acrylic. I bought a 48"x48" sheet of 1/4" acrylic from Lowe's in October of 2021 and paid something like $120, and this seems like it'd be just about the same amount (maybe a bit less).

Yes, and extremely happy with it. Printer is super solid now, and gets a little hotter in the chamber and the panels are clearer.
Thanks for response. I think I’ll do the same at some point. It’d be nice having clear panels again. 😆 I have an issue with my doors. When the enclosure warms up the doors expand and buckle a bit, due to interference with each other. Maybe a different hinge would help. Not sure if thicker panels will make that issue bigger.

Thanks for response. I think I’ll do the same at some point. It’d be nice having clear panels again. 😆 I have an issue with my doors. When the enclosure warms up the doors expand and buckle a bit, due to interference with each other. Maybe a different hinge would help. Not sure if thicker panels will make that issue bigger.
I went with 270 and removable doors from MapleLeaf on Discord. Removeable is really useful and it has PTFE tube on a bolt which make it slide in very easy. If your interested I can try and find them for you.

I'm interested. I have the 270 mount, and would like them to be easily removable. Sounds like you have what I'm looking for.

I went with 270 and removable doors from MapleLeaf on Discord. Removeable is really useful and it has PTFE tube on a bolt which make it slide in very easy. If your interested I can try and find them for you.
270 / removable hinges should definitely be part of my panel upgrade. I'm very interested and I won't turn down an offer to help. I only hope I'm able to remember this whenever I get around to a panel upgrade.🤪