What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron 2.4R2, 350 bed, self sourced, Toronto

Maltasrc

I'm completely new to this! Please forgive me if I ask any silly questions.

I have decided to get into the 3D printing world and of course, I a sucker for punishment so just went big. So, after a bit of browsing around I've landed here in the Voron world. I'm hoping to find a welcoming community and hope to share my struggle as I learn. Maybe pick up a few tips along the way.

I didn't want to be forever hunting for nuts and bolts so I took the BOM and setup an organizer that I purchased from Princess Auto. Almost all the required hardware is at hands reach.

20230311_085059.1.jpg

Big thanks to Eugene Lariviere from the PIF program for getting a quality set of parts and very fast as well.

What scale should I be resizing pics to for the forum?. They seem huge to me and I've already resized them to 25%

20230131_114510.1.jpg

Last edited:
Ask away, that is what we are here for. Do you have any experience with 3D printing or Micro Electronics?

Maltasrc, hello

ask away when I start, I will be asking for ideas from people too, and their assistance.
My biggest issue is finding parts and having them available.
the second item is waiting for the shipping of the parts. (bought parts, paid then they don't ship them for 60 days)

look forward to seeing your build.

Ask away, that is what we are here for. Do you have any experience with 3D printing or Micro Electronics?
No 3D printing experience at all. But I'm sort of a "Dive in" kind of guy and figure things out as I go. That being said, I'm not looking forward to figuring out all the software.

No 3D printing experience at all. But I'm sort of a "Dive in" kind of guy and figure things out as I go. That being said, I'm not looking forward to figuring out all the software.
It can be complicated at first glance, but there's plenty of helpful people here as well as on the Discord who can walk you through the process. Things do start making sense as how things are structured within Klipper's configs starts to click. :)

Looks great! I see you have access to a nice CNC. Hard to tell from the pics but make sure you tap them for the bed spacers.

What is the thickness of that bad boy?
Its .750" (roughly 20mm). I know its a bit thick but it was cheep and I have a plan to address the mass. I'm going to recess the heat pad into the body and build and insulated cover to close it in.

Last edited:
Its .750" (roughly 20mm). I know its a bit thick but it was cheep and I have a plan to address the mass. I'm going to recess the heat pad into the body and build and insulated cover to close it in.
I think that is a cool idea and if you had an ABS plate blocking off the Electronics bay I would say good idea but you might want so of that heat to heat the chamber such as the Ellis Fan mod.
Just a thought incase you wanted to get higher chamber temps.

I think that is a cool idea and if you had an ABS plate blocking off the Electronics bay I would say good idea but you might want so of that heat to heat the chamber such as the Ellis Fan mod.
Just a thought incase you wanted to get higher chamber temps.
:unsure: A bit to think about there... So controlling the chamber temp would be an advantage?

Additional i isolated via (in kapton tape enclosed) stone wool.
Did that at an other delta before. Increased heating up time and reduced termal losses a lot.

Attachments

• bedprotect.jpg
    bedprotect.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 30
Additional i isolated via (in kapton tape enclosed) stone wool.
Did that at an other delta before. Increased heating up time and reduced termal losses a lot.
I take it you don't have any plans for bed fans in order to help the chamber heat up faster, and maintain a warmer temperature?